Here is a summary of what we will be doing over the holiday break. The two layouts below are in discussion with Communications and DPS.
- Brought back by popular demand – the expanded search box!
- A revised banner box – reduced in size a bit.
- Keep the Your Library links for undergrads, grads, faculty, etc.
- Keep the Upcoming Classes Calendar
- Keep blog posts
- Update SERVICES tab to read USING THE LIBRARY
- FLIP FLOP Ask a Librarian and social media links in footer so that Ask a Librarian is more visible
- Remove search tabs, add My Account Link and change hours display to DAILY hours (thus removing weekly view).
Workflows that will be affected:
- Note headlines are removed. It seems content put in the banners with images draws more attention than the headlines. Perhaps consider increasing rotation of content in the banners to include news – related material Also consider posting news via the blog. Popular content recommended for beginning of the semester includes Borrowing priviledges, hours, where to print, copy, scan and where to find equipment.
- Hours - We are proposing to change hours from weekly to daily display. This may affect how data is entered.